Geothermal Exploration Engineer with a broad background in field engineering operations. Experience in civil, environmental, and exploration projects in Colombia, New Zealand, Australia, United States, and Canada. Strengths include survey design and project and construction management. Adept at using geographic information system software to design geophysical surveys and provide geological information in an easy to understand format. Background in geotechnical and hydro design with success in the design and construction of civil structures such as earth embankments and retaining walls. Supervised geothermal exploration efforts in Colombia and Montana. Trained in both low-frequency and broadband magnetotelluric (LMT and BMT) equipment and all aspects of survey design and execution.
2011–Present. Chief Field Engineer, geothermal exploration and development, Dewhurst Group L.L.C., Germantown, Maryland.
- 2015: Investment Grant for the Geothermal Financing and Risk Transfer Program, #ME-G1005-SN3.
- 2015: Servicio Geológico Colombiano. Advice for the expansion and appropriation of knowledge about the technical features of design, planning, and information gathering in thermal gradient drilling.
- 2014: Comisión de Regulación de Energía y Gas (CREG), Bogotá, Colombia. Development of the mathematical model used to calculate the expected firm energy producible by a geothermal power plant (for future regulatory and taxation purposes within Colombia).
- 2011: Supervision of three magnetotelluric surveys in Colorado; one in Montana; and several preliminary analyses to support work at Nevado del Ruiz, Colombia.
2009–2011. Project Engineer, MMM Group Limited, Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada.
- 2010: Design and feasibility studies for the design of sewer, water, and sanitary systems, as well as for site grading, British Columbia, Canada.
- 2010: Storm water management plan and site servicing for the civil design of an urban residential subdivision, British Columbia, Canada.
- 2009: Water supply design and sanitary system design for a sixty-lot residential lakeside neighborhood, British Columbia, Canada.
2006–2009. Civil Engineer, Aurecon, Wellington, New Zealand.
- 2009: Hydraulic modeling and analysis of an integrated catchment area of the Queenstown suburbs, Queenstown, New Zealand.
- 2008: Designed and implemented the geotechnical site investigation for the Horizon wind farm, Tauranga, New Zealand.
- 2007: Design of storm water facilities for a coastal resort development featuring hotel and conference facilities, eighty residential sections and an eighteen-hole golf course, Wellington, New Zealand.
2005–2006. Project Engineer, UMSI, Helena, Montana.
2004–2005. Project Engineer, Nelson City Council, Nelson, New Zealand.
BEng, Civil Engineering, University of Canterbury, Christchurch, New Zealand, 2005.